Frequently Asked Questions
- ▼What's the Best cleaning solution?
- We have found that using rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is the best way to clean the water pipe. Just DO NOT, we repeat DO NOT use Acetone to clean any part of this waterpipe (nail polish remover includes acetone). Also avoid using specialty pipe cleaners (even the ones that say "for plastic and metal")
- Nailpolish Remover
- Acetone Free Nailpolish Remover
- LYE (sodium hydroxide)
- WaterPipe Cleaners (even if they say safe for plastic, as they are referring to acrylic not polycarbonate)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- ▼What liquids can I use with it?
Only fill the water pipe with WATER. Using filtered water is preferred in order to reduce water spots.
Using any additives or specialty fluid will strip the anodizing due to their highly alkaline or acidic nature.
- ◄Ok so the Bowl is made from Aluminum, won't that affect the taste?
- No not at all! The hard coat anodizing on the bowl prevents any sort of metallic taste... In fact, customers have even told us that our water pipe brings out more flavor than any glass pipe they have ever smoked out of! For more detail on this check out the "Heat Barrier" section of the Bowl page.
- ◄Will the plastic parts mis-flavor the smoke?
- Not at all! The plastic parts do not come in contact with heat, thereby eliminating the possibility of any out-gassing or leeching of flavor. The plastics we use are of the highest grade and approved for medical and food contact applications.
- ◄Is it difficult to clean?
- Nope! Customers quickly come to realize that looks can be deceiving with this water pipe. Once the tube is removed it is actually very easy to clean, as all internal regions of the waterpipe become easily accessible. To clean the tube, the most effective method is to take a wooden spoon or broom handle, wrap it in a rag/paper towel, dab on some rubbing alcohol, and push it into the tube while rotating. This will distribute the alcohol among the tube interior. Once tars have dissolved remove the spoon/broom handle (removing the paper towel as well), and using a vegetable sprayer with hot-warm water, spray the inside of the tube. All other parts of the waterpipe can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol as well.
- ▼What is the tube made out of?
- The tube is made from high quality polycarbonate. The same material that is used to make bullet-proof glass. This is one of the reasons our water pipe is considered as "indestructible"
- ▼What if I prefer to use a Glass Bowl?
- The Stem was designed to accept any 14mm Glass Pipe attachments.
- ▼When should I expect a tracking number?
- It typically takes 1 business day to assemble and package your order. If you haven't received a tracking number within 2 business days, please check for any follow up emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- ▼How much is shipping?
- Shipping within the US can typically range between $13-$26 depending on location. Shipping to Canada is usually $45-$50usd. Shipping to countries other than US and Canada can range from $55-$70usd.
- ▼Do you guys ship to dorms?
- Yes we do! When ordering, please be sure to include your dorm/room number. If you do not have a room number (ex. you live in a fraternity or sorority), then please let us know in the comments field of the checkout page.
- ▼Why do you require a phone number?
- When shipping a package, FedEx and USPS both require a valid phone number just in case they experience problems delivering the package to the shipping address you provided.
- ▼What can be used to lubricate the orings?
- Silicone lubricant is compatible with all o-rings. This can be found at many home improvement stores. Try to avoid the silicone spray lubricant since it does not apply a thick enough layer of lube.
- ▼Pipe will not bubble when I try inhaling. Is it clogged?
- Most likely it is not clogged, there is a rubber ball check valve inside the core that may become jammed in the seat. This can happen if the water pipe is set down too hard. To fix this:
- Empty the water from the pipe
- Unscrew the Tube
- Pull the diffuser Core out of the Base
- Unscrew the percolation disk from the Cyclone Filter
- Loosen the Rubber Ball until it is free to move around
- Reassemble the waterpipe
- ▼How can I order with a gift card?
- The card must first be registered to your name, address, and zip code. Most likely you will have to call the card company with this info.